5 Things to invest in for medical school:
1. Noise cancelling headphones - because when you're in (or trying to get in) the zone, nothing is more annoying than background conversation.
2. A comfortable chair - with good back support
3. An inspiring study space - make it your own with a large desk, art on the walls, lots of light, and maybe a plant or two.
4. Pens on Pens - my personal favorite is the Signo Uni ball 0.38
5. A gym/rock climbing/yoga membership - keeps you accountable of your physical health, gives you something you do for you, and serves as an opportunity to do hang out with a friend
5 Things to invest in for rotations:
1. Mini Ipad - allows for easy access to studying PDF textbooks, notes, etc without looking like you're texting on your phone
2. External phone battery/case
3. Small notebook to carry in your pocket - for notes on things you're asked to do, look up, etc
4. Super feet shoe insoles - obviously good shoes are a no brainer, but that may look differently for everyone. These insoles though? They make all the difference. They're a little pricier and need to be replaced every few months if you're using them every day, but so worth it.
5. Snacks on snacks - Bars, protein balls, carrot sticks, water... anything to give you sustenance (especially when you've been rounding for hours on IM or in the OR for hours on hours)